In the Bill of Materials module, you can create just about any kind of bill of materials for a number of manufacturing job types. It’s basically a list of parts, ingredients, and other raw goods that go into making a finished product. You can use a bill of materials for subassemblies and production stages, in addition to simpler manufacturing jobs. Let’s get right into it.
Creating a Bill of MaterialsClick the New button up top to create a new bill of materials. There are five types of jobs a bill of materials can be used for:
- Never: Never automatically generate a manufacture order for this bill of materials.
- Short Quantity: Automatically generate a manufacture order for short items.
- Order Quantity: Automatically generate a manufacture order for order items that are short.
- Always Create: Automatically generate a manufacture order for all items used in the bill of materials to replenish them.
- Build To Order: Automatically generate a manufacture order that must be picked by the parent order.
Auto Creating a Bill of MaterialsClick the green plus sign below the Auto Create scale to add an item to the bill of materials. There are five types of items you can choose from:
- Raw Good: Items that will be consumed in the course of finishing a work order.
- Repair: Items that won’t be consumed in the course of finishing a work order.
- Finished Good: The final product resulting from a completed work order.
- Note: Instructions and notes that are not directly connected to individual parts.
- Batch Add: Multiple raw goods and finished goods are added to a work order at the same time.