Fishbowl Lets You Stay with the Accounting Solution You Noel
Merry Christmas! I sure hope you’re enjoying this special holiday. I would like to add my customarily fun take on the season by talking about Fishbowl in a Christmas-y way. As you probably know, Fishbowl is the #1 manufacturing and warehouse management solution among QuickBooks users. A big reason for this is that Fishbowl integrates seamlessly with QuickBooks, and it offers numerous features that QuickBooks does not. Small and midsize businesses can start using Fishbowl and stay with QuickBooks rather than having to look for an expensive ERP solution. Thus, Fishbowl lets you stay with the accounting solution you Noel.
The Gift That Keeps IntegratingAs I noted in an earlier blog post, Fishbowl integrates with practically every version of QuickBooks:
- QuickBooks Pro, Premier, and Enterprise
- QuickBooks Online Plus
- QuickBooks Canada
- QuickBooks Australia/Reckon Accounts
- QuickBooks Multi-Currency
Stocking Up on FeaturesAnd again, as I have said in the past, Fishbowl does many things QuickBooks can’t. These features include:
- Barcodes – Create and print barcodes, in addition to scanning them.
- Bill of materials – More complex tasks than just simple assembly.
- Costing methods – LIFO, FIFO, average cost, and standard cost.
- Drop shipping – Drop shipping is only supported by QuickBooks Enterprise, not Pro or Premier. Fishbowl supports this process.
- Locations – Even more features to track inventory in multiple locations.
- Manufacture orders and work orders – Repair, disassembly, and replacement manufacturing jobs, in addition to regular assembly jobs.
- Multi-currency – Convert payments into virtually any currency in sales orders and purchase orders.
- Multiple location part tracking – Work with as many warehouses and other locations as you need.
- Part tracking criteria – Use a virtually unlimited number of part tracking criteria, such as lot numbers, serial numbers, expiration dates, and revision levels.
- Partners – Fishbowl has dozens of partners to provide CRMs, point of sale solutions, merchant services, custom reports, and so much more.
- Product/kit configurator – Put multiple parts into a kit, and then list that kit as a single line item on a sales order.
- Reports – Fishbowl has more than 100 reports to help businesses make the most of their inventory data.
- Return merchandise authorization – Generate RMAs to handle product returns.
- Status updates – Use production stages in its work orders to ensure products are manufactured in the correct order.
- Transfer orders – Use transfer orders to move parts around without requiring a purchase or sale.
- UPS Ready shipping – UPS features are built right into Fishbowl’s interface to allow companies to compare shipping rates and schedule delivery times.
- User access rights – Fishbowl has role-based and granular feature-based user access rights to make changes quickly as employees’ roles change over time.
- Variable pricing and discounting – Offer a percent discount, specific dollar amount off, group pricing, and cost-plus pricing on products.