This is the fifth video in this series about getting started with Fishbowl. We’re about to delve into the nitty-gritty details of putting lots of data into a Fishbowl database. So sit back and enjoy this informative video.
3 Ways to Add Data to a New DatabaseWe talked about how to create a database in Fishbowl in the second video in this series. The thing about that is that a new database is completely empty when it’s first created. You need to actually add data into it for it to become really useful. This video mentions three ways to fill your database with information:
- Import data from your QuickBooks file.
- Export data from an existing Fishbowl database into a CSV file. Then clean up that data and import the CSV file into the new database.
- Import data directly from a CSV file.
Next Video: Getting Help, Part 1We’ve covered a lot of material over the past few weeks. Here are links to the other videos in this series before this one:
- How to Install the Fishbowl Server
- How to Create a New Database in Fishbowl
- How to Connect a Client to the Fishbowl Server
- How to Navigate the Fishbowl Client