Can loyalty be a bad thing? While loyalty is normally a good thing (especially when it comes to marriage, military service, and patriotism, for example), it can be twisted into something negative when applied to the wrong things.
Fishbowl CEO David K. Williams explores this intriguing topic in the following video. If you’re ever asked to be loyal to something that is ethically wrong or potentially damaging to other people, you may want to rethink your loyalty to the person or group that is making that request.
This is the ninth video in a series starring Williams. The other videos can be seen here:
- What Is “Me, Inc.”?
- A Simple Yet Effective Way to Broach Sensitive Subjects
- Get Rid of Gossip at Work
- How to Build Trust in the Workplace
- How to Help Employees Grow from Their Mistakes
- How to Delegate Vital Tasks
- Leaders Work Better in Pairs
- 3 Simple Steps to Increase Respect at the Office
These videos come from topics discussed in Williams’ book, The 7 Non-Negotiables of Winning: Tying Soft Traits to Hard Results. Get a copy today.